2017 is over!! I love seeing everyone’s end of year wrap ups, love the best nine hashtag that’s going around on Instagram- that’s mine above! I’m planning on much more sewing, much less family/child focus on Instagram this year so I was happy so many makes made the cut.
I wanted to do a round up for the year on my blog and loved the Sewing Top 5 idea that Gillian has been posting over on her blog these past few weeks. In looking back over the looks I blogged, I decided to feature the 5 makes I’ve been wearing the most.
My Harper shorts by Megan Nielsen. I love this pattern so much and am so happy I found it this summer. These black shorts and the orange shorts got a lot of wear while it was hot.
My Turia Dungarees were kind of a scary one for me. Lots of work, stepping out of my comfort zone, but I have to say I wore them a lot and got tons of compliments on them. I’m so happy I decided to try something new.
My Matilda dress by Megan Nielsen. This was a complete joy to sew from beginning to end. I love how it turned out and have worn it so much this year.
My Forsythe dress by French Navy is now a staple of my wardrobe. I got a lot of wear out of it this fall and know I will in the spring too. It’s comfortable, easy to layer, and it just looks so great on. I had a vision from the very beginning for this one and was so happy I waited until I found the perfect fabric.
This dress from Very Easy Vogue V9237 is one of my favorite tops this fall and winter. I love the color and how drapey it is. I get the most compliments on this one and love that it’s such a simple make.
I made the Toaster Sweater this year before I started blogging and I love it, but this dress version gets more wear. I’ve been wearing it with sweater tights because it’s finally cold here and it is so cozy. The neckline makes it chic and the loose fit keeps it comfortable.
In thinking about what I want to make in the new year, I have a lot of ideas! I have a make nine planned, nine patterns I really want to make this year. Starting in the top left they are
- Morgan Jeans from Closet Case Files; I’m determined to make a great fitting pair of pants this year. I love the fit of these and think they will work in fabric other than denim.
- Toaster Sweater 1 from Sew house Seven; I love the second version of this so much but think a thick, cozy turtleneck would be nice to have as well.
- Burda 6458; I need more tops and love the sleeve options on this pattern. I’m hoping to sew up a couple versions of this soon.
- Beatrix Skater Dress from Named; I’ve had this pattern and the fabric I want to sew it up in forever! This is the year people.
- Coppelia top from Papercut Patterns; I was looking for a wrap top like this in the store a few weeks ago and was so happy I found a pattern for it. I love that there is a cropped and longer length and think this will be a great piece for spring!
- Lakeside pajamas from Grainline Studios; another pattern I’ve wanted to make for ages but I really wanted the paper version. I finally got it this fall and can’t wait to make these for the summer.
- Florence Dress from Sew Over It; This dress is so gorgeous and I’m going to be on a quest to find the perfect fabric for it. I can see myself wearing something like this a lot.
- Patti Pocket skirt from Ashley Nicole; I love Ashley’s blog and was excited to see her coming out with a pattern. I’m still on a quest for the perfect midi skirt and I want to give this one a try. I love the lines on it.
- This coat (or another coat?) B6255; I want to make a coat this year and really like the versions in this pattern I picked up on sale recently.
I’m also planning on participating in the Sew My Style challenge. I started out with the challenge last year but fell behind. I was happy to see that most of the reasons I quit participating have been fixed and can’t wait to start! Here is the schedule of patterns and you can go here to sign up yourself and play along.
Whew! Looks like I’d better get to work! I hope all of you have a very happy new year and I appreciate all of you following along with me. I have a video up on Youtube today discussing my reSEWlutions if you want to check out me babbling on and on!